Monday 27 April 2020

April 27, 2020



Good morning folks,
I hope we all had a good week. The weather yesterday was amazing. I got to go on another hike with my family, and we had a great day walking around the Trinity Bay area. I can’t stress enough how big of a difference it makes to my mood and energy levels to get outside in the sunshine. Let’s all hope for more! Alternatively, you can always set up a campsite in your house, like my boys did! We even roasted marshmallows on a Coleman stove in the yard!

I’m super excited to see so many hopping aboard the Google Classroom train. Keep on signing up because we’re not quite there yet. In the meantime, I’ll keep on posting and anyone is welcome to join at any time.

Grade 8 Sciences: You folks should be working on submitting the second section of revision (Carnet 2 with the curved mirror diagrams) or carrying on with the newly posted notes and videos for Section 3 this week. If you haven’t noticed, I made some ray diagram tutorials for you - on my YouTube channel - and linked to our Google Classroom. 

Grade 9 Sciences: You folks should be on the third section of electricity - I’ve posted some videos and notes for you to check out there, on my blog and on GC. Your section 2 revision can be submitted at any time for some marks! Please don’t forget to show your workings with all of those formulas - Units are important.

Sciences Humaines 9 - You have the Chapter 6 Google Form up and ready for your action. Those who are done, I’m posting the introduction to chapter 7 this morning to my blog and classroom.

SantE 8 - There’s a drug assignment posted on the blog - submit the completed version if you’d like a grade on anything. 

Lastly, it’s very important that you use your school Google (NLESD) account, as much as possible for communication. By doing so, it streamlines the user experience with regards to access to my documents and prevents the accidental SPAM classification. 

Stay safe, stay active, stay in touch!

Monsieur Thorne




No comments:

Post a Comment